Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tomorrow is an Uncertain World -- I GAVE IT MY ALL

I joined another group over at Creative Souls called STORY TIME organized by Cindy Powell.  The digital challenges are based on quotes from books and Cindy slected the book "Hunger Games" -- "At first one, then another, then almost every member of the crowd touches the three middle fingers of their left hand to their lips and holds it out to me. It is an old and rarely used gesture of our district, occasionally seen at funerals. It means thanks, it means admiration, it means good-bye to someone you love."

It was a huge challenge for me because I am not into "futuristic" type books like "Hunger Games."
CREDITS:  Henna hands by DOVER; Windows ornate 0031-M from cg Textures; Eye vector colored by acmmech at Deviantart.




4 comments:

  1. Love it!! OMG...the eyes! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Carolyn! I know that gesture very well. Your work is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done...all the elements are wonderful and blend so well! A wonderful interpretation also!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very fascinating picture! The eyes draw you right in.

    ReplyDelete