Thursday, July 29, 2010

Graven Angel Class Assignment

For this piece, I started with a garden bench photo called "Rest a While" stock by phatpuppy, Deviantart.  My second layer was a photo called "Cemetery 6" also from Deviantart at 91 opacity.  I made a selection of the statue image and placed it on the bench of the previous layer.  My third layer is the text using a font 'Beyond Wonderland' with a drop shadow and embossed and a texture filter to give it a more concrete appearance.

For the fourth layer, I duplicated the garden bench and masked off the top because I wanted to place the bottom over the statue's dress to make the transition more smooth.  I then added an angel brush from a cemetery package from Acme Graphics  and used a blending mode of 'difference' and for the last layer, added the blue and white public domain image of the clouds with opacity at 39.

1 comment:

  1. This really takes my breath away, it's so beautiful Carolyn. xx

    ReplyDelete