The Little Rose Tree-Rachel Field (1894-1942)
Every rose on the little tree, Is making a little face at me!
Some look surprised when I pass by, and others droop-but they are shy.
These two whose heads together press, Tell secrets I could never guess.
Some have their heads thrown back to sing, And all the buds are listening.
I wonder if the gardener knows, Or if he calls each, just a rose?
For inspiration we were provided the poem posted by Cindy Powell at Creative Souls for this week's challenge. I've been off line for a couple of weeks while I retrieved files and reorganized them after a virus computer infection....ugh!
The image of the child was from Eirian-Stock at DeviantArt. I used music and flower brushes along with a wood gate for the background. The music brushes were from EasyElements.

What a wonderful quote you used in your collage! Beautifully done.
ReplyDeleteAh Carolyn .. you are getting back on track and have some time to play. This is truly a beautiful piece - so symbolic and inspired by such a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing. hugs, Donna
ReplyDelete