Monday, July 11, 2011

Digital Whisper Month of Painting

For the first challenge, we were provided a photo of a pear and a tutorial to do some digital painting;  WELL . . . I have never been one to draw or attempt to paint so I struggled with the concept.  Below are my two attempts at the pear.  It isn't easy to paint a picture using your mouse and a brush.


FIRST ATTEMPT

 


And here is the photo included in the tutorial that we were to replicate by painting.



I never did manage to get the spotty texture.  Just when I had some coloring to my liking it was changed by a quick click of the mouse.  You can't make a painter out of a person who can't draw.

2 comments:

  1. It sure looks like a pear to me, even without the spots. The finished painting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete