Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Story Time - Poem 4 at Creative Souls

The Song of the Robin-by: Beatrice Bergquist (1900-1962)
The cows low in the pasture on the hill,
The bluebird sings building a nest,
The water is singing down by the mill-
But the robin's song is the best!
The squirrels are chattering in the trees,
The wind is blowing toward the west,
Around the flowers are humming bees-
But the robin's song is the best.
The dogwood trees are blossoming white,
The plough horse is neighing for rest,
The song sparrow is singing with all his might-
But the robin's song is the best. 
This piece is comprised of three photos from BigStock.com and the sheep is called Lonely Sheep by Realder at Deviantart.  I've been practicing on blending images together and this one was good practice.  The robins sitting in the tree was one image, the robin at the bottom a second image and the birch tree background was the main photo.  I just had to add in the sheep because I really like him.
 

4 comments:

  1. I find this such a peaceful picture. I don't know what there is about sheep and goats, but they always make me feel like they are a real part of the earth. Of course, then the robins are there to sing us there songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't this a great way to interpret a poem. So creative. I love the little robin in the three .. and the sheep! My favorite kind as well .. the kind that float on the hills in Scotland. Their wool is so long, they look like they have no feet. Beautiful interpretation of the poetry, Carolyn. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Carolyn. Your blending is gorgeous. The sheep has just wondered there.And all is at peace. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete