Monday, June 20, 2011

My Castle of Gold by: Nixon Waterman
If the fairies should build me a castle of gold and wreath it with flower and vine,
And set it with jewels of value untold, and fill it with music and wine;
"Twould still be a sorrowful prison of gloom, my spirit would long to be free,
And love would lie weeping his grief in the tomb, were you ne'er to share it with me.
Should the Fates, in the sorriest hut, say I must forever abide to their law.
I would happily bow; I would live on a crust, I would lie on a pallet of straw,
I would crown me with thorns, I would fervently pray, my joy-time might never be o'er,
If you O" my love! could pass by every day and smiling, look in at the door.
For you are my marvelous castle of gold, and you are my flower and vine,
and you are my jewels of value untold, and you are my music and wine.
Alone, and a famine stalks close at my side, the joys of the living have ceased;
With you, the world is as fair as a bride, and filled with a fount and a feast.

My imagination was at a stand still using the above poem to completely tell the story.  My angel appears to have failed at her mission.

Resources:  Model 8 by liam-stock at Deviantart
Angel wings:  Alegion-stock at Deviantart
Castle from cgt Textures
Music brush from glass-prism at Deviantart
Diamond brush my own

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a large story to tell ... and a lot of work for one little faery! Actually, a beautiful rendition in digital form, I think. It is certainly full of emotion, just like the poem. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem is beautiful, and the picture, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the castle glows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stuff Carolyn! Great diamond brush!

    ReplyDelete