Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Story Time - Poem 8 at Creative Souls

We have a secret, just we three

The robin and I and the Cherry Tree'

The bird told the tree and the tree told me

And nobody knows it but just us three.

But of course the robin knows it best,

Because he built the ----, I sha'nt tell the rest;

And laid the four little ---- something in it ----

I'm afraid I shall tell it every minute.



But if the tree and the robin don't peep,

I'll try my best the secret to keep;

Though I know when the little birds fly about

Then the whole secret will be out.


Bird:  Big Stock American Robin Female; 
Beautiful girl: e-vint.com 'veiled Venus' 
Background is one of my photos.

3 comments:

  1. I really like these challenges which involve poetry. It exposes everyone to poetry again, and I don't think we get enough of it. Not only that ... it makes us think about it as you develop a piece of art. This is a beautiful piece, and again, using your own photograph for the background makes it very personal. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete